Code of Conduct
We want all members of Youth4Climate to have an exciting, friendly and safe experience. Accordingly, all site users and any contributions they make must comply with this Code of Conduct. By engaging with Youth4Climate you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Within this Code of Conduct, "contribution" means any material posted or uploaded to our websites by a member of the public, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
Users must not:
- Use Youth4Climate to post or send offensive or harassing material.
- Publish defamatory and/or knowingly false material about any person or entities.
- Reveal confidential information in a personal online posting, upload or transmission - including financial information and information relating to customers, business plans, policies, staff, and/or internal discussions relating to any entity.
- Undertake deliberate activities that undermines the purpose of Youth4Climate.
- Introduce any form of malicious software into the community.
- Must not plagiarize or violate copyright, database, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore, users will generally need the explicit permission from copyright owners of any existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyrighted material before posting them to the website.
- Must not contain unlawful, objectionable, disruptive, offensive, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially offensive, sexually offensive, or religiously offensive content. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Debates should be productive and founded on constructive criticism.
- Must address topics related to Youth4Climate. Contributions must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content will be deleted.
- Must not promote illegal behaviour. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or to give the impression that they emanate from the Youth4Climate Secretariat when this is not the case.
- Must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
- May appear in public search results. Accordingly, users should not post personal details or information that should not be publicly available.
Users who violate these rules and contribution guidelines will be sent a warning message by the Youth4Climate team identifying the issue at stake and notifying them of its removal. Users who repeat offenses after receiving warnings will be banned from the site.
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to the platform made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct and/or any of the Website Terms, please notify us using the Contact Us form.
This is a public and open platform; the information you post here is public and may appear in search results. Therefore, you should not post personal details or information you do not want to be available publicly.
By using this platform and/or creating a profile the User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the Founding Partners are not liable for any conduct of any User. The User also agrees to be included in the Youth4Climate mailing list. All mailings received will include an option to unsubscribe.
The Youth4Climate team will periodically revise the Code of Conduct. Please visit this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made as they are legally binding.